St Stephen Walbrook
Welcome to the website of St Stephen Walbrook, an Anglican Parish Church rich in heritage, but one which remains actively involved in the City of London. You will find here the times of our regular weekly services and upcoming events, as well as articles about the history, heritage and features of this unique church, described by Sir John Sommerson as 'the pride of English architecture'.
A Grateful Heart – Support for St Stephen Walbrook
- Giving to our church is a tangible, faithful, and accountable way in which we demonstrate our gratitude for all that this church is and can be in the City of London. Of course there are lots of other good causes; but giving to this church is about supporting important parish facilities which benefit all those who work in or visit the City of London.
Art Exhibition — The Divine Image: For Mercy Has a Human Heart
- 9-20 January 2017. Monday-Friday, 10.00-16.00 (Wednesdays 11.00 – 15.00)
- Hannah Rose Thomas portraits and artwork from refugee camps in Jordan and Calais
- Private view: Monday 9 January at 18.30. All welcome. (More details)
Discover and Explore — New Series
- Mondays 13.10-13.50
- A new series of thirteen musical discovery services with the Choral Scholars of St Martin-in the Fields
- Monday 9 January: Music and John Dunstable.
- Monday 16 January: Christopher Wren and Architecture.
- Monday 23 January: Thomas Watson and Preaching.
- Monday 30 January: Sir John Vanburgh and Drama.
Download the flyer
Spring 2017 Newsletter
- The Three Mothers
- Discover & explore / Strat:Stop
- Autumn Art Exhibitions
- A Grateful Heart
- Advent, Carols & Christmas 2016 events
- Lent & Easter
- London Internet Church / Using St Stephen Walbrook / Music at St Stephen Walbrook
Download our latest newsletter
- The Three Mothers — at St Stephen's from Monday 23 January — Friday 3 February (Mon–Fri, 10am–4pm). Download the flyer for more details.
- The Lord Mayor’s St Stephen’s Serenades — Next Concert: Friday 27th January, 5.30pm. Download the flyer for more details.
- City of London Wedding Fayre – 28-29 April 2017. Download the flyer for more details.
plus+ : adding value to the City: Support for Business
- St Stephen Walbrook stands witness next to the Lord Mayor‟s residence and at the heart of the City it was built to serve. For over a thousand years a place of worship has stood on this site. St Stephen Walbrook is able to draw on its own significant history and the wisdom resources of Christianity to offer services which will make a difference to the way you work and the people you employ. We wish to offer the best from our heritage of wisdom and spirituality in a way which can impact your business through cultural understanding, diversity and openness, workplace spirituality, pastoral care and stress management.
A Tour of St Stephen Walbrook
A tour of St Stephen Walbrook, home of the London Internet Church
- Proclaim, celebrate and promote the good news of Jesus Christ to everyone in the City - visitors, workers, residents and the business community
- Provide, without prejudice or expectation, a safe and welcoming place where people of all religious faiths or none can find spiritual inspiration, guidance, encouragement and support
- Maintain the church’s physical space, welcoming and open to all, that is suitable for a wide range of cultural, religious and community activities
- Build up and encourage a community of faith with a sense of fellowship in the heart of the City
- Reach out further afield through the London Internet Church
- Opening Times
- The church is normally open on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays between 10am and 4pm, Wednesdays between 11.00 and 3.00pm and Fridays between 10.00 and 3.30pm. It is usually closed at weekends except for great festivals, please refer to events information for these details.
Our 2015 Annual Report is now available to view or download.
If you would like to enquire about holding your wedding at St Stephen Walbrook, please download these documents and return the form as necessary.